SLANTING LINE TOE-PIECE CROCHET SLIPPER-ESPADRILLES-TOMS

The simple design of Espadrillas, is my great inspiration designing crochet slippers. 
Espadrillas are originally simple handmade canvas shoes with rope-soles, produced in Spain for hundreds of years (And other places world-wide, only named differently).
For these slippers I had in mind the classic US ones, which they call Toms, the brand-name. All their designs have this famous diagonal cut across the toe-piece, and this slanting line is what I wanted to achieve with these slippers!
You can make your own Toms!       
       
Fresh off the hook! No in- or out-soles....yet!
Basic Pattern HERE
OR:

Tailored and fabric-covered insoles.

The slanting line clearly visible.
I can tell you: Making stitch diagram for 4 sizes of the toe-piece,
left and right foot, was not easy, but great fun!
Final finish! Ready for street-wear!

Looks quite like Toms, right? Only prettier!

I love these shoes!


Waiting for these lovely summer-days,
just so I can wear my new Espadrilles!

Comments

Toms Slippers said…
For these slippers I had in mind the classic US ones, which they call Toms, the ... tomsslippers.blogspot.com

POPULAR POSTS